Error 400 Status messages on external API calls

So, if I understood well, the "skip certificate check" is only related to the first step of the resource Auth setup (in my case this first step is empty because username and password are inserted directly in the second step-API Request).
Is there no way to skip the check for the second step too? Or, are there other strategic ways to call the API and get the token?

Finally, it is very strange because our Certificate is issued by a Certification Authority recognized by all browsers (and CABForum too).
If you try to connect to https://testdtm.joinyourbit.com you will see the lock close the address bar. Why retool doesn't recognize that the certificate and the chain is good?

We have a somewhat similar issue. When setting up an authentication workflow and when we add an API call as first step to a HTTPS endpoint with a custom certificate we face a "unable to verify the first certificate" error. It seems that the "Use self-signed certificate" options are not passed to the authentication workflow steps. Would it be possible to specify self-signed certificates in an API step of an authentication flow?

1 Like

@raffru The skip cert check does not apply to any of the auth steps at all currently (it only works for the base URL). I am not aware of a workaround for skipping the cert check within any of the auth steps, but I'll submit a feature request for this.

@Kevin_Jacobs, similarly for specifying self-signed certificates in the auth flow, I'll need to submit a feature request to implement this :disappointed:

@raffru For the url that you're using, I do see the lock in the browser, but when I attempt to query it in postman I see SSL errors. As far as I know, the checks are slightly different for actual rest requests--there's a similar convo in stack overflow here. I am not sure if it is because I'm not properly authed, but I am seeing the same error in Postman as I do in Retool:

Is there any slight difference in the way your Postman request is configured compared to the Retool one?