DateTime component issues - tooltip useless, format wrong

I'm using the DateTime component, and I have it importing data from a selected table row.

The table row already formats the date:
(We check that it's a valid item, then convert it to the following format with a UTC offset using moment.js):

{{ ${item ? moment(item).utcOffset(-6).format("MMM D, YYYY hh:mm A Z") : ''} }}

Example item: "2019-01-01T00:00:00.000000-0600"

User clicks the "action icon" on the table row, and it pulls up a modal populated with selectedRow:

{{ moment(fixupsResultsTable.selectedRow.effective_date).format('dddd, MMMM d, YYYY') }}

I was trying to manipulate this string to show the "day" in the edit view.

In the format of the date component, it pops up a little window with a link "see unicode symbols" - which, when clicked, hides the pop-up. That's it. Can't even right-click it to open in new window, as any interaction hides it (it links here for those following)

Now, the other issue - Format dddd SHOULD display the day (i.e. Monday, etc.). Instead - it displays 0001 from the above date.

After some adjustments, I've gotten it to (in preview) show correctly:

{{ moment(fixupsResultsTable.selectedRow.effective_date).utcOffset(-6).format('dddd, MMMM d, YYYY') }}

HOWEVER the output in the component in the window still outputs Jan 2, 2019 12:00 AM
The following is what I'm "working with":

Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 7.19.50 PM

The following shows dddd does not output the day:
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 7.21.16 PM

…so on the "time" side, it suggests "h:m a" as a valid unicode format, and it outputs 12:0 AM (missing the second 0 - I am assuming that's incorrect).

Hi @keif! The date and time "Format" options interpret characters slightly differently than moment, since we don't use that library internally (due to performance issues).

I'm sorry the code editor docs are closing on click! I've filed that issue with our team and we'll be sure to get it fixed soon. Here's the link for your reference: Unicode Locale Data Markup Language (LDML) Part 4: Dates

It looks like to display "Tuesday" you'll need the characters EEEE:

Also note that the formatting you specify in "Default value" will have no effect on how the component displays its value. Instead, it will parse and reformat whatever is provided based on the "Date format" and "Time format" you've specified in the inspector.

I made that assumption (but didn't communicate it) - I was using it as the testing ground as well as I was making changes.

Also, YYYY says it should be valid (according to the unicode markup) but it throws an error in the Format input.

But Date: Format: EEEE, MMMM d, yyyy seems to work for my output needs.

Hm… the table value is showing Jan 1, 2019, but the populated date in the modal makes it Jan 2, 2019.

Turning off Time Zone does not affect this.

So despite the passed in string being "Jan 1, 2019 12:00 AM -06:00 it's outputting Jan 2, 2019 (and still 12:00 AM)

The code:
{{ ${fixupsResultsTable.selectedRow.effective_date ? moment(fixupsResultsTable.selectedRow.effective_date).format('dddd, MMMM d, YYYY') : ''} }}

EDIT:

d to D in that formatting. d is "day of the week (0-6)" and D is… the date I'm looking for.