Custom Component inside a Listview

Assume we have a custom component:

Then if I put the custom component in side a listview:

The input to the custom component is incorrect

Hey @gametaster.9gag, happy to help!

What are you expecting your custom component input to be?

Hello thank you for your help
I was expecting the custom component will receive the ListView index or any other input

For your reference, the custom component receives correct parameters when outside of the ListView

I am sorry I messed up with the names

The title originally writes "Custom Component"
I would like to ask about "Event Handlers" in a "Module".

Hello there!

Could you let me know what version of Retool you're using? So, it looks like what you're trying to do is put a Module inside of a Container and then inside of a listView. We actually don't support this behavior and it's supposed to be blocked! :grimacing: You'll see if you try to put a module inside of a listView component directly, you'll get an error message.

Could you tell me what you're trying to do exactly? For example, if you'd like to have a textInput inside of a listView that references i or some other input...we do support that!! If you let me know what you're trying to accomplish, maybe we can get a workaround for you.

Thank you!

John

Hello I am using the Cloud version.

For example, I want to create a card in module

• input: user_id
  • render: a card that fetches the user from db and display its name and avatar image

Then I can reuse this module anywhere in my app and listView is one of the places I want to put the card in.

I can simply replicate the whole module in the listView now, just would like to see whether it is possible to use a "reusable" module inside a listView

Thank you again for you help!

Hello again!

Unfortunately, no. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: Modules in listView aren't supported in Retool. If this is something you would like to see I would recommend making a feature request on the community. I do want to reinforce that the basic functionality you're looking for is there. You could definitely create a card module that does those things you described. Just can't put it in a listView. :sob:

Please, let us know if you have any further questions!

John