Credentials of Internal Database?

I just want to use the internal Database with a database tool like DataGrip to manage my database. Where can I find the credentials and host for the internal database?

Hi @erbteilung,

Welcome to the community!

To find the credentials and host for the internal Retool database, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to the Resources tab in Retool.
  2. Click the Retool Database resource.
  3. Under the Connection Details section, you will see the following information:

You can copy and paste this information into DataGrip to connect to the database.

Note that if you are using a self-hosted Retool deployment, you will need to configure the Retool database connection yourself. You can find instructions on how to do this in the Retool documentation.

Hope this helps.

:grinning:

Patrick

1 Like

Wohooo thank you! Perfect...

2 Likes

But there is no port there... it works wihtout putting a port in datagrip but is crazy slow... any idea?
Changing just one table takes about 20sec compares to 1sec on a service like elephantsql

Thanks @PatrickMast !

Try using Port 5432

Worked for me

1 Like

Just to make this a little easier for folks using DataGrip.

If this is the skeleton of your URL:
postgresql://username:password@gibberish.us-west-2.retooldb.com/retool?sslmode=require

From the above:

username is likely retool and should go in User field in the DataGrip properties.

password is some gibberish and should go in Password field in the DataGrip properties.

http://gibberish.us-west-2.retooldb.com should go in Host field in the DataGrip properties.

retool should go in Database field in the DataGrip properties.

Assign 5432 to Port in the DataGrip properties.

Click SSH/SSL tab on DataGrip properties and make sure Mode dropdown has Require selected.

2 Likes