Copying Markdown/HTML formatting but not tags

I have this auto-generated text from certain inputs in my table that I want to be able to copy and then paste in an email to send to a user of our company's products. When I've tried running the "copy to clipboard" event handler however, it copies all the text input and not the formatting. For example, using HTML it copies over my <strong> tag instead of making the text bold, and the same goes for markdown and it copies the **...**. Any idea how to copy just the text and not the tags/markdown notation?

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 3.25.21 PM Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 3.26.35 PM

hey @Seth_Brock thanks for asking about this! Looks like this relates to this other previous community forum thread about allowing users to specify a text/html data type on utils.copyToClipboard() The data type would allow you to paste the text with the style format. My teammate Kabirdas's note here is still the status. Since this is coming up again from you and others in recent months, let me go ahead and surface to the team once more and see if there's anything new. Will post back here with any updates! [Update: this isn't currently on the roadmap]

In the meantime, I haven't seen any workarounds for this functionality but maybe others know of one! We can keep things centralized to the Feature Request

1 Like