Client-side filtering for table columns

Similar to how react-table does it:

Hey there @maurizio, this is a great ideal. Let me look into how hard it’d be for us to add that functionality.

Still looking into this @maurizio - I didn’t forget, just got a bit busy. Will let you know once I have a proper update :slight_smile:

No worries. Thanks for looking into it! I realize there could be potentially be a lot of edge cases for multiple column data types (string vs. number vs. date, etc.) and multiple types of filters (exact match, fuzzy match, greater than or equal, multiselect. etc.) but I’m mainly just looking for Cmd+F-like string search for now

@jack we’d be super interested in table column filtering options as well. Was there any progress for this?

Hey @chrisr - believe it or not we’re starting work on this right now, something shippable should be not too far away :crossed_fingers:

That’s great news @jack! We’ll keep an eye out for the release notes

Hey any news on this? I am also switching away from SQL to REST and this would be super important.
EDIT: I just tried it out its implemented my bad haha.

Haha @lys123 was about to say this shipped a while ago!

This is live!

You can enable client side filtering in your Table component's settings:

Then apply a filter by clicking on the icon at the bottom of your Table:

![Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 8.30.48 AM|690x369]
(upload://lptAzrM3phG3e7CQJTOMdC1cAX4.png)

And configure a single filter, or multiple via and or or:

Note: client side filters do not work if your table is server side paginated.

@justin Would it be possible to add a regex filter to the client-side filter options, or more flexible string searches for less technical people? I've had a request from my team to be able to filter strings that start with a certain value, but that's not possible at the moment.