Cannot Duplicate Apps or Modules

Goal:

I want to be able to duplicate my apps into pages of a multipage app (which may not be possible anyway), but when I try to duplicate them I get errors that say:

You need write access to clone app

Could not find page

I'm a Retool Admin and these apps and modules do exist.

Steps:

I tried removing all the permission groups on my User so I'm only part of the retool managed permissions Admin and All Users (was thinking being part of one of my custom permission groups was causing the issue)

To reproduce, I click on any app/module and then "duplicate" or "duplicate to multipage" and then I see the error.

Details:

This happens...

• whether or not I'm the creator of the app/module.
  • prior to my org getting multipage apps beta turned on.
  • for both "duplicate" and "duplicate to multipage".

We're using Retool Cloud on Business plan. My org is: essex.retool.com

Screenshots:

BUG-cannot-duplicate-apps

I'm having the same problem. Found your post when trying to search for a solution. Maybe this is a new bug.

1 Like

I've figured out a workaround: Use the 'export/import' feature.
Load your old app that you want to copy.
go to top right '...' menu. You can see there an 'export to JSON' option. Export and save locally.

Create a new blank app. From the same '...' menu on the new app, chose 'import from json'.

Copy created!

2 Likes

Thanks @Quirkz!! It's good to know it's not just us.
Good call out on the workaround! We are using the export/import feature in the meantime, too.

1 Like

Great workaround @Quirkz. Taking a look into this now.

The copy works. But that doesn't make it a multipage copy right?

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet. For anyone running into this, could you please verify and send a screenshot of your user permissions?

It looks like this error message is shown when the user lacks permission for the folder they're trying to clone the new app into - try choosing another folder in the Add to folder dropdown. Also please verify that you have permissions for the app or module you're trying to duplicate if you haven't done so.