App 'addRow' running then throwing an error

Hello! Firstly, I'm a materials engineer, not a programmer, but I'm learning my way through Retool so that I can build some apps for data collection in the lab. One such app is so techs can fill out a form and copy mass spectroscopy data into a cell, then submit this data to a database; right now I'm just trying to submit data to a table that acts as the database, until I transfer it to our intranet.

I've created this transformer to import the MS data:

And I've set up the form this way:

The two queries I've created to add and update the row look like this:

but have been getting this set of error codes:
error codes

and while it will add a row, it won't import the MS data, but I'm not getting an error regarding the transformer, primarily the 'addRow' query, having to do with assignment, but there is assignment!!

Any advice would be appreciate.

Thanks

Devin

@Tess could you assist on this?

Hello, in your key value pairs you are referring to the query itself with addRow.value?

When adding a new row that should be empty, do I need to refer to anything? My original thinking was that it should be prepared to receive a numerical value.

if you want to add a row that will be empty, configure your DB columns to accept null values and just call the query inserting a new record

or insert record with empty strings and 0 if null values is not an option (or default values)

Hello @dmcmillen ,

Are you still having trouble with this issue?

As @Skizhu mentioned, inserting an empty string or configuring the DB to accept Null/0 values would make sense.

-Brett