Am I missing something about spacer?

Am I missing something about spacer?

or it works magically without config?

What config are you expecting to see?
It's an empty block to help enforce a particular layout by adding whitespace to your app. The size is determined in the app canvas and you can choose to hide it if needed.

I was hoping this like the divider, configurable height, but no line across

Also I don't think this works in form body, at least it didn't change anything visually for me.

Would Retool Team perhaps do a feature request?

@rxunique agree with @dcartlidge 's explanation. Can you confirm what you're seeing, or what the specific feature request would be compared to current behavior?

You mentioned a form - are you using a Form component and adding a spacer within it? I was able to expand the height of the spacer component and it did create space between other components in an example form within a Retool app. And looking in Preview mode too, it does seem to work as expected to create space. Curious to hear what new functionality you're looking to see!

Edit: Ah, right, you're likely working on a Mobile app, right? Testing that out now.

Yes, it does work on mobile.

Only just reliased FORM container had gap0 as default

1 Like

There's an internal tracker ticket for this - It's true that currently the spacer component doesn't add space when adding it to a mobile app :slightly_frowning_face: We'll keep this thread updated with any movement on updating this functionality for mobile.

I just ran into this same issue so I want to follow this thread :slight_smile:

I would love the divider style configurable height in the spacer component.

As @rxunique mentions, you can use the "gap" setting on containers, forms to add space with different heights. Then, you can use the spacer to add extra gaps

No spacer, container has gap of 64 (gap between the two text components):

With spacer, container still has a gap of 64 (using the spacer means there's an additional gap between the second text component and the spacer):

Definitely a bit tricky to sort out, especially if you're used to the web apps side :thinking: There's still an outstanding feature request for a more divider style spacer with configurable height

1 Like

Mobile spacer components now have a height setting :blush:

2 Likes