Add "key" property to Breadcrumb Item

Breadcrumbs work in conjunction with a container with multiple views currently if the Breadcrumb "label" matches the view "key" using
Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 9.21.15 AM

It would be nice if there was a "key" property in each breadcrumb that was used for the matching instead of the label. I believe this would also provide the ability to dynamically set the label of each breadcrumb.

For example, a container with 2 views "account_list" and "account_detail" could have breadcrumbs labels like Accounts -> AccountA where AccountA, the breadcrumb label, could change depending which company is selected.

Hi @matth Thanks for sharing this helpful feedback! I'm passing it along internally as well. I'll reach back out here if it's something we're able to ship :ship:

1 Like

Is there any update on the breadcrumb functionality? or any good tutorials /use cases?

They seem to be really un-intuitive to actually use where you can set them up dynamically.... but perhaps it's more a reflection on my skills level....... it would be nice to simply pull from the nav bar the current label or something - but there doesn't seem to be any way to tie these together dynamically, so the breadcrumbs can be a module and then dropped into my pages (apps)......