Accessing Custom Column's data from New Table Component

How do I access the value of the custom column's data from the new table component? I created custom column 1 named "Calculation" I wanted to access the result of that column and create another custom column 2 to create another validation. Currently, the custom column's data are only accessible via selectedRow which I need to select each row for my validation on custom column 2 to kick in. Any work around that reads each item in the table?

1 Like

I am having a similar issue. I can't figure out how to reference the value of a customer column.

Hello @Tess @victoria do you have any solutions for this?

I am having the same issue. I can't access the custom columns. I used to be able to use, for example, {{table1.columnMappers['Custom Column 4']}}, but that no longer works on newer versions.

Hey all, custom column data is not accessible via {{ table1.data }} at this time, only, as you mentioned, via {{ table1.selectedRow }}. I've submitted a request for this internally and will keep the thread updated with progress!

In the meantime, the best workaround would be to extract the logic into transformers and have them propagate your custom columns. That way you can reference the transformer instead of the column itself.

I've attached screenshots with 2 transformers and how they're connected to custom columns. Note: i in {{ transformer1.value[i] }} represents the index of the row and maps to the corresponding index of the transformer's array output.