Ability to create a custom aggregation for table summary row

Add the option to create a custom aggregation through JavaScript to the summary row dropdown as shown in image.

2 Likes

looks like plotly added min/max and first/last aggregation functions within a day. otherwise plotly JS only uses JSON so unlikely. everything else i found uses dash

good request though regardless

Just want to cross-post these two other threads on related topic of additional aggregation functionality/controls for the table:

4 Likes

I have been working with group tables and found that the use of max and min in all column types would be helpful, and it works with any data type.
My use case needs to aggregate a Boolean column. In my case I need an "and" aggregation, which can be solved with a "min" aggregation (following the javascript standard: false=0, true=1), and a "max" could work as an "or".

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I was surprised to see 4 different names that start with a "J"!

This has been requested in the past. I've logged this conversation to the ticket internally. Will check-in with any updates. I appreciate you all jumping in to collaborate!

2 Likes

+1

I need a custom aggregation for calculating a division between 2 aggregated row cells as opposed to an aggregation (average, sum, min, max, etc) that uses the values of the entire column.

2 Likes