YAML Editor and Viewer Components

Hi,

I would like to ask for a feature similar to the JSON Viewer and JSON Editor.

Have the same thing for YAML file format (or any programatic language for that matter).

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @Armon! What’s your use case exactly?

Hi Justin,

Trying to create a tool for provisioning configuration for our Ops team.

When a new account joins, the operator creates a new account, basically, we have a template in S3 of the configuration she/he can choose and the tool generates a YAML file upon submit, based on the fields filled by the operator.

Regards,
Armon

1 Like

Makes sense! Thanks for the request, will share with the team

I'm trying to create a tool for managing workflow, my workflows are stored in YAML format, I want to edit these workflow directly in retool

Hi @jk2K, I've added this community post to our internal ticket tracking requests for YAML editor and viewer components and I'll be sure to let you know if we end up building them! Thanks for your input :slightly_smiling_face:

Any Updates on this feature?

@Shubham_Lohar, This request isn't prioritized at the moment. We'll be sure to update this thread if Retool ships a YAML explorer/editor. Any context you can share on your use case for this would be helpful!

Can I make a custom component that will contain Yaml text editor using some npm library like @focus-reactive/react-yaml - npm. If I can, How can I achieve this.
My usecase is that I want to edit Yaml Files as strings, Which is why a Yaml textbox will make this easier.

Hi @Shubham_Lohar

Thanks for reaching out! I haven't seen this exact use case in Retool, but I believe you could make something in a custom component (we have some general code examples in the link)

Do you already have a working React example to use for reference?

No, I need that example
also, I can't figure out how I can import and use npm libraries in custom component

Hi @Shubham_Lohar

This community post may help for importing libraries in custom components :slightly_smiling_face: Let me know if you run into trouble with these approaches