"window.URL.createObjectURL is not a function" error message when using Query JSON as SQL

Goal:

The goal is to use a "Query JSON as SQL" query to get data from a Firestore resource and a MySQL resource and combine them into one data source to be able to display that data.

Details:

I've encountered an issue with a 'Query JSON as SQL' query that combines data from both Firestore and MySQL resources. What is really strange is that this setup was working perfectly fine without any errors until recently. Without me changing anything on my end, I am now receiving the following error message:

window.URL.createObjectURL is not a function

The query I have written and that is returning the error above is as follows:

SELECT 
FROM {{ formatDataAsArray(getTalkHosts.data) }} th
LEFT JOIN {{ formatDataAsArray(getTalkEvent1.data) }} tm ON tm.HostId = th.Id
LEFT JOIN {{ formatDataAsArray(getTalkEvent2.data) }} tmm ON tmm.HostId = th.Id
LEFT JOIN {{ getData2.data }} fb ON fb.name = th.Name
WHERE fb.category = {{ categories.value }} 

The getTalkHosts.data, getTalkEvent1.data, getTalkEvent2.data are the MySQL resource queries where as the getData2.data is the Firestore resource query.

Steps taken so far:

1. Verified Data Sources:

Confirmed that getTalkHosts.data, getTalkEvent1.data, getTalkEvent2.data, and getData2.data are returning valid JSON data.

1. Simplified the Query:

Isolated the issue by running the simplest form of the query:

SELECT * FROM {{ formatDataAsArray(getTalkHosts.data) }}

The error still persists.

Assistance needed:

Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any insights on how to resolve it? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hello @michael_burton!

That is a very odd error, let me do some digging and see if I can find any more details on where it might be coming from.

What makes it even more weird is that you said it was working fine previously and then without changes began erroring out :thinking:

Are you self hosting Retool? If so what version are you on?

My guess in that the formatDataAsArray function is throwing the error because it is receiving an unexpected data type.

Could you try hardcoding the data from getTalkHosts.data to see if that works.