When editing an editable tag column row multiple rows update

• Goal: I want to have an editable tag column on my table. And be able to update individual rows of that column

• Details: I have editable Boolean tag columns which don't seem to be causing an issue - they have manually entered options as they are restricted to True/False. This new column has dynamic edit options, as I want any string in the ID column to be an option for the parent column. But some (but not all) of the rows seem to behave as one. When I edit a row that already has a parent, all existing parents change. Also, when I edit a neighboring row to the rows with entries, it also edits the rows with entries. I am very confused!

• Screenshots:

I have recorded a short video of the issue: Loom Message - 24 April 2024 | Loom

As you can see, the first edit I make is correct, just that row changes. When I make the second edit, 3 rows change. This is the problem.

Hi @Alex_SL, welcome to the forum! :wave:

The value of an id column in a database table should not include spaces. The id column is used as a unique identifier for records and is usually implemented as a primary key. If you need human-readable identifiers with spaces, it's better to use a separate column for such values and keep the id column simple and optimized for database operations.

If you are using Retool DB as a resource, I recommend creating a new table with id as an "Auto incrementing integer ID" primary key:
Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 9.22.40 AM

This should fix the issue you are running into.

Thanks for the reply, Paulo.

My primary column is s_id but the column is hidden from the table display. This column is populated with unique UUIDs.

Let's try changing the name of the ID column, even if it's just for the component.