What are the database and table, record, and field limitations?

I've been playing with the app features and trying to add different tables. some load very fast and others go until the page stops responding and never loads the table.

I started watching the resource usage during this process and I seen no spikes or red flags. Which brought me to wonder if there are record, row, field or other limitations when attaching a database. Are there certain types of data Retool doesn't like?

I noticed you can only attach one table per app.... So if you have to reference multiple tables in some output...... What is being used as the junction object to do so?

Hey @Mr.F - Are you seeing any commonality in the tables that fail to load? Are these pulling from the same database, running complex queries, trying to pull a large amount of data? We do have some guidelines for performance best practices that might help here but let me know if you think you're seeing something out of the ordinary with any more details you're able to share.

In regards to your second point I'm not sure I fully understand what you're inquiring. Within retool you can have multiple tables within one app. Are you referring to joining the tables together from your database? If so, you should be able to use JOINs in your SQL query. If I've misunderstood what you're trying to do please do let me know what your desired outcome and current setup is so that I can advise better here.

2 Likes

I would like to know if the limitations of uploading on retool database could be changed?

Hi @agaitan026 - thanks for adding to this post. It sounds like you might have a separate question to be addressed here. In that case, I would recommend starting a new thread and providing some details about the issue you're facing and what you're hoping to see. If it's a feature request, I would recommend posting in that thread specifically about the behavior you're hoping to change and how that would change your experience building with Retool.

1 Like

Got to many own posts with no answer :frowning: not sure if i need to create more

Hi @agaitan026 we are doing our best to circle back to your posts :slightly_smiling_face: We're working through quite a backlog, so there may be a bit of a delay. That said, we're always available in office hours if you want to connect with us faster!

1 Like

Thank you