Wait for a trigger during the execution

The idea is:

to be able to wait for an event (a trigger ideally) in the middle of an execution. Close to the current Wait block, we want to pause the execution and wait for the trigger to happen (filtered by a correlation key to select the right execution to resume) before going to the next node.

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

It is useful to enable event-driven development and complex orchestration flows. It will allow to use n8n and (and his high level of abstraction) with the power of a tool like Camunda which can execute BPMN file.

Any resources to support this?

Are you willing to work on this?

I can help if needed

Hello @hugo082 ,

Thank you for your question. We are currently developing expanding capabilities for Workflows that might accommodate some of these requests. We are specifically developing with BPMN files in mind. This is a high priority of the Retool Workflows team.

-Brett

Has there been any progress for this feature yet?

My use case also requires resumeable workflows

Hey @Sumit_Mittal - I double checked internally and it sounds like resumable workflows/the "wait for" use case described above is not on the near-term roadmap right now, but we're still tracking interest from users here and will convey new interest on the internal tracker ticket for the Workflows team as input to their prioritization!

In the meantime, perhaps a combination of Webhooks and Scheduling functionality could get folks close to the functionality you're looking for.