Users Permission impacting navigation Items visibility

Hi team, i'm attempting to implement permissions to a group of users to only be able to access certain apps, which so far has worked good. The only issue that i'm having is with the navigation module that I built to be used across all the apps, which is not showing all the items the user has access unless permission is also given to a specific one.

The below is a basic example of how we have the structure of the navigation component and their parent/child relation, which are all pointing to certain apps inside Retool.

• Home
  • User
    • User Management
    • User Settings
    • Reports
  • Cases
    • Create Cases
    • Delete Cases

Now, when I have a Permission Group only with access to "Reports", the expected behaviour is to see on the "User" with the dropdown to see then "Reports". But in reality, the user is not able to see any of the options, unless "User Settings" is also added to the permissions of the user, which then I do see the dropdown with both "Reports" and "User Settings".

This basically forces me to allow users access to apps that they are not intended to have.

Note: At some point I did tested to have the item pointing directly to the app URL instead of the APP, which still caused this behaviour (even weirder...)

Any advices on this one?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @DanielJudge Thanks for reaching out! Any chance you could share the logic that you're using for User, User Settings, Reports, and User Management?

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue on my side yet (as far as I know, this use case should be doable :slight_smile: )