Unable to save any query

Hello, when I try to save any edits to my queries, it tells me that 'an unknown error occurred' and becomes stuck on the saving process. This continues until I reload the page and happens no matter what kind of edit I try to make. I can still add new components to the UI, but no luck with changes to anything query related.

I thought it might be an issue with saving as there are queries still running but this happens with no queries currently running as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The image below is an example of a small edit I made to an existing query that runs fine. Adding let thing = 1; and saving the query also results in getting stuck on the loading process.

Hi Eli, having the same exact issue on our self-hosted instance. Any chance you've been able to figure it out? For reference, we're running version the latest stable release (3.33.21-stable).

Eli - just discovered our AWS WAF was blocking the save request. Hopefully that works for you as well!

2 Likes

Glad to hear you resolved it @keyurmm2!

@eli1012 are you still seeing this error? If so, can you share the network tab of the browser when you attempt to save?

Hi Joe, the error comes and goes. The devops team recently updated to the latest stable version of retool which helped temporarily but the error reappears occasionally. Since it didn't appear in other apps, I tried rebuilding the app from scratch and saving worked fine until it got to a certain size, so my best guess is that the error has something to do with the size of the app. This message appears in the inspector as well: Will-change memory consumption is too high. Budget limit is the document surface area multiplied by 3 (853760 px). Occurrences of will-change over the budget will be ignored.

Hey @eli1012, that error is referring to some CSS properties. Never seen it before in relation to Retool, but it's also not likely to be the underlying issue here.

Are you using the default https_portal container to handle ssl for you on your instance? If so, it's possible that these requests (saves) are being blocked by an nginx limit. You can set an environment variable to increase the max size allowed in requests. We have some docs on that here.