Trigger query when table checkbox.value is changed

How can I trigger a query when a checkbox in a table is checked or unchecked?

There are When Checked and When Unchecked events you can select over in the Inspect tab.

Thanks for your reply! I can’t find those events in the Inspect tab for a checkbox within a table.

My bad, I didn’t notice you said in a table which you very clearly did! Feature request time I guess.

1 Like

Bumping this!

Hey everyone! This isn't currently possible, since custom columns are largely frontend. I do have a workaround, though!

You can add more logic as needed, but my setup is as follows:

1. A "dummy" Query JSON with SQL query to watch the table.recordUpdates property and trigger when the table.recordUpdates property changes. This property is the only property that changes with a check/uncheck of a custom column checkbox. This query will just have {{table1.recordUpdates}} in the body.
  2. On Success and more importantly, On Failure (since this dummy query will actually count as failing, since it's not returning any data), trigger your target query.

As a note: watching recordUpdates will trigger this dummy query (and target query) with any change at all to recordUpdates (whether that's unchecking or editing another column). You can disable the dummy query from running on certain conditions (in the Advanced tab) if needed.