Trigger App Query from Webhook, Cont'd

Hi @brettp, you very kindly answered my question here:

However, I am having a hard time continuing. Can you please confirm how what endpoint, auth, parms, etc. I need to pass to execute the app query?

I have the webhook part configured, I just need help actually calling the endpoint to run the query.

Thanks!

Hi @Giovanni_Carrara Retool Workflows can be triggered via a webhook, but triggering a query within a Retool Application from a Webhook is not supported at the moment and Retool doesn't expose any REST API endpoint to trigger a query.

Could you potentially build your solution with the Workflows product instead of with an Application?

Hello @everett_smith, thanks for your note! I am indeed using Workflows (including triggering them from workflows). That being said, for this part of the application, I need to query an app query externally. Do you have any other suggestions by any chance? Thanks!

This isn't supported at the moment. If you can elaborate a bit on your use case, then I can pass along a feature request internally on your behalf though!

Hello,

I have a similar request. I currently have a workflow to fetch data and insert it into the Retool Database. After successfully updating the data, I would like to add another block which triggers a query within one of my apps to automatically refresh the table data, ensuring that the displayed table data in the app is up to date.

I am aware of the refresh functionality within the table component, which can manually refresh the table data, my goal however is to establish a workflow where the table data is refreshed automatically every time the database is updated.

Are there any options to realize this?

Hey @ellenhelena, as Everett mentioned this is not possible at the moment. You could have the query which populates your table run on an interval to check for changes, but there isn't an ability to trigger that query in an app from outside of that app.

1 Like