Track Usage based on User

Looking at possibly migrating more and more of our custom app into retool and have a couple of questions based on usage.

Can we natively track resource and workflow usage based on user or a set of users? If not what work around are available?

We currently set up individual Snowflake and AWS Accounts for each of our clients, and provide each client a usage allotment of each, also each client can add X number of users. We would like each client the ability to have workflows that run in the background on regular intervales to pull in large amounts of API data and store it in their AWS and Snowflake accounts, but obviously we need to account for that usage and provide thresholds and the client & user level.

1 Like

Would be cool to know as well.

I guess one way to do this is that upon a workflow run or a query you would insert a row to some kind of a logging table and you’d track the usage and quota that way.

But maybe there is some more elegant built-in mechanism already in Retool.

1 Like

Hi Kirk! Apologies for the late reply.

For tracking resource and workflow usage, the only thing I can think of would be Audit Logs. You can't really track them per user, though on Self-Hosted instances of Retool, I believe you can write SQL queries to an Audit Log table and filter by user.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help answer!

Thanks Victoria! Since pricing has changed for workflows to be based on number of successful workflow runs (correct me if I'm wrong there) I plan on just running an SQL query for each successful completion which should enable the tracking necessary.

Yes, that sounds perfect! Glad you found a solution that works for you :slight_smile: