Tooltips for table cells

Would love a way to set a tooltip for a given column here:

This way when I hover over a cell - I can see a description associated to the value of that cell.

7 Likes

Hello Joey! Great feature request. We actually already had one internally so I went ahead and linked it to this thread. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Hopefully we'll have this soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @jSims! Any updates on this feature?

1 Like

Jumping in for John here—it’s on our list for our upcoming table work! Sometime in the next quarter or two hopefully. We may even have a beta where this feature is enabled coming very soon. Will check on that now

2 Likes

Hi @victoria!

Any news on this feature request? Would be a great addition!

Hi @avr!

Great question - we actually do support tooltips on columns in the new Table! You'll go to the "Add-ons" section > + > Header tooltip.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your fast reply @victoria! Any chance your looking to extend this functionality for cells?

A cell-specific tooltip (when you hover over a cell, cell-specific context tooltip pops-up) would be very useful to convey details that can't fit in a cell.

Of course! And I’ll add that as a feature request now :slightly_smiling_face: thank you for the input here.

2 Likes

I'm so excited about this @victoria! However, my Add-ons section is only for the whole table, not for a particular column.

My table is also a grandfather - is there something I have to do to convert it to the new table so I can access this?

Hi @mathfour! :wave:

We don't have a way to upgrade the legacy tables to the new table yet :disappointed: For the time being, you want to use the new table, you'll have to create your table from scratch

I wonder if that's why you don't have add-ons per column :thinking: Do you see that issue with brand new tables? If so, what column type?