Timestamp to date doesn't work

Hello All,

I following a tutorial from YT and GSheets file provided in the tutorial has this timestamp format: 2021-04-18T12:08:11.3183860Z

When I've changed column type to "Date" It was working at the beginning but after some modifications to the app it stated showing "-" instead of the date. The form I have created to add data to GSheets uses shorter format: 2022-08-07T20:21:23.932Z and those displaying properly as a date.

Tried to re-create the issue in a new project but this time the issue was there from the beginning.

"Fixed" it by creating a custom column

{{currentRow.Timestamp.slice(0, -5) + 'Z'}}

Trimming those 4 last numbers but I wonder why this isn't working

Heres the spreadsheet provided in the tutorial: Trades - Google Sheets

Thank you
Michal

Hi @MichalHoffman,

Happy to hear you were able to find a work around to the issue you were having! It looks like Retool is reading the ISO date according to the ES6 format YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss.sssZ and is unable to read any milliseconds after the 3rd number. So it was necessary for your Date column of the table to remove the additional units of your milliseconds in order to read it and display a readable value in your table.

Kenny

1 Like

Many thanks. That probably change because one on YT tutorials is providing excel with a longer timestamp format.

May thanks