The builder constantly stops auto completing things when doing {{ notation

Does anyone know why this happens as it drives me crazy.

I have a table called table21 with rows displayed from a SQL query. I can clearly view them all when viewing the state of the table.

However, it's 50/50 whether I can actually utilize this anywhere else, like a text field.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 175251

As you can see above, I type {{table21. but instead of getting the usual results, I only get these 6 options.

If I continue anyway and add .selectedRow I get this

Screenshot 2024-05-10 175306

And if I still continue and add .id I get the expected result:

Screenshot 2024-05-10 175312

Why does it do this? If I refresh about 20 times it will start working out of the blue, or I have to quit and come back later. It constantly makes me feel like I'm doing something invalid or not allowed, so I give up, only to have it be the builder messing up.

Right now, I can't work with any tables as all of them are doing this and refreshing is not fixing it. I'm having to keep viewing the state of the table, then screenshotting the actual values to then try and write it out myself since it's refusing to auto complete.

I just switched from Chrome to Edge, and surprise surprise:

Why does it do this?

Hello @Psycho_Bunny!

That is odd behavior, it can be tricky when the autocomplete does not work as intended.

In the first image, what shows up when you mouse over table21?

One possibility is that the query to populate the table has not run yet, if the table is empty there won't be any .data property in the state. As I believe the autocomplete/mouse over tool tip is populated with options based on a components given state at the time of typing.

In the second picture, is a row selected? If there has not yet been a row selected then the table's state won't hold the .selectedRow data at the time of typing.

In a perfect world the autocomplete always works but sometimes it can be slow to update based on what is in the state. Other times we want to set up a nested value with a value that has not been created/triggered yet (such as selectedRow).

I know it can be frustrating but it looks like you are doing everything right!

I'm also having loads of issue with auto complete. Simply stopped working altogether for me.

@First4Figures that is odd, is it not working in any part of your app? Does it not appear in new apps?