Text input box cursor jump to end on every edit

• Goal: We are trying to update the text readability score for text in the input box.

• Steps: We are getting this issue in specific retool version which is "3.52.3-stable". In older version we are not facing this issue.

• Details: While editing the text box the after 2 seconds debounce we are hitting the readability API which updates the text readability score on the go. The score gets updated as user types with 2 seconds debounce time. We we upgraded the latest stable version we noticed that while editing in between cursor was jumping to end of the text.

• Screenshots:

• App json export:
    Curser jump test.json (298.7 KB)

This is time critical issue for us. We are not able to upgrade to the latest version due to this issue.

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thank you
Gaurav Wagh

Hi @Gaurav_Wagh,

Thanks for reaching out!

This is a bug that our team is tracking. I don't have a timeline for a fix yet :disappointed: I'll keep this topic updated if I hear any updates from engineering internally

Hi @Tess ,

Could you please provide updates on this issue? As I mentioned earlier, This is time critical issue for us. We are not able to upgrade to the latest version due to this issue

Also, we would like to get the timeline to fix this issue.

Thank you
Gaurav Wagh

Hi @Gaurav_Wagh,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to provide a timeline on this one as it has turned out to be very technically complex to resolve :disappointed: It looks like our team is still considering the best way to ship a fix