Testing OpenAPI Connection gives a 422 "Unprocessable Entity" error

Hey all. I just started trying to play around with ReTool, but I'm having a problem. I have an API that already has a OpenAPI spec. I set up a Resource in ReTool to connect to the spec; but when I tested the connection, I got a 422 "Unprocessable Entity" code. Is that coming from my API? Because I'd be surprised, I don't think we return 422. And if it's from ReTool, is there any way to troubleshoot what the problem is?

Hi @KSwanson, the "Unprocessable Entity" 422 error, means that the server could not process the request. There could be many reasons for this, like passing the wrong data type on the request (e.g. we sent an object but the server was expecting a string), having the wrong "Content-Type" value in the headers of the request, etc.

The first step would be to test If the API is working in isolation, on a service like Postman. If it is working, then it's likely that there is an issue with how we are connecting to the Resource. Could you share your current setup? It would help us identify what exactly is going on. :face_with_monocle: