Tag(dropdown)/SingleTag is not available now. What is the alternative to this that is currently available?

I want to assign values from UI. Initially I was able to do it using Tag(dropdown) but I couldn't see that or any relevant options for this.

@vyshnavi
Welcome to the forum!

What type of a UI are you looking for? Do you want to use icons? Is there any logic associated with the column where you wanted to use Tag dropdowns? Can you post some screenshots? Code?

Hey @ScottR ,

Use case here is I want to update the current status of a particular activity/assign things to respective PoC. I have built the same earlier in retool using Tag(dropdown). I want the same behavior as below where I can select someone from multiple options and then save my changes.

Hopping in here as well! Just to clarify, does the Tag column type work for you? Or is there any missing functionality?

Hey @victoria Tag column type should work but I do not see that available now.

Ah, are you trying to use a custom column with the Tag type?

The Tag (Dropdown) column type (the name for our dropdown column type) is under a bit of construction!

As of version 2.103.0, custom columns no longer have the option to be set as Tag column types. There's a workaround for this here. Existing columns with that type will continue to function, however, you'll notice that you can no longer create new custom columns and set them to the Tag type. Regular, non-custom columns can still be set as Tag column types.

There are also differences in behavior between Tag columns set to non-editable vs editable.

For non-editable Tag columns:

• You can set the label and color of the Tag in the column settings

For editable Tag columns:

• You can see the label, color and default value in the column settings
  • You can click on the cell to view the dropdown list of items

We're looking to make broader changes soon with the upcoming Table v2 component which has a target of being released in Q1 next year. If you have any questions or feedback about this column type, please feel free to start a new thread so we can better track responses/your concerns! :slight_smile: