Table Row Actions: Hidden Field can't access current row information

Hey team :wave:

I think there might be an issue with the Hidden field in table actions. The screenshot below should highlight the issue.

• Goal: Trying to hide a table row action based on a field value in the current row

• Steps:

• Add table component and pass an array of objects to it
    • Create table row actions
    • Try to dynamically set the Hidden field of an action using a value of one of the columns in the table
  • Details: The Disabled field seems to work as expected. When I pasted the same value in the Hidden field, it does not work. I've tried setting the value to any other table property that references the current row, but none of these properties seem to be accessible from this Hidden field.

• Screenshots:

Keen to hear if this is a bug or if I might be misunderstanding how the Hidden field should work :slight_smile:

Hey @cosmick thanks for all of these details! This is currently by design, although we've gotten quite a few requests to enable hiding by currentSourceRow, so we might end up supporting this in the future.

The thinking with not supporting currentSourceRow in the hidden field was that it could be confusing to end users if buttons aren't visible on some rows and are visible on others and they can't see the logic. The workaround is to use disabling, which would give more context to end users

Thanks for the reply, @Tess. I can understand that it might be confusing for the end user to have actions available on some rows and not others. I noticed tooltiips don't appear on disabled actions, on-hover, and perhaps it might be useful to support this, so at least we can display a message to the end user explaining why this action is disabled for the current row?

For now, I've used a CSS selector to hide the option for specific rows :grin: