Table Filter for Datetime Doesn't Respect Managed Timezone

In the table shown, the value is UTC while the label is showing Local. The filter applies only to the value, but that's not very intuitive for a user since they would expect the filter to match what they see, not the underlying UTC data.

Basically need to be able to apply the same "Manage time zones" option to the filter. There are a few other requests out there for options related to the filter component... hopefully that's the next one that gets some treatment!

1 Like
  • Use JavaScript for Custom Filtering
    Retool allows the use of JavaScript in queries or transformers. You can write custom logic to handle the conversion and apply the filter accordingly.
const localTime = new Date(yourTableData.timeField).toLocaleString('en-US', { timeZone: 'America/New_York' }); // Adjust as needed

Not sure where exactly I would do that because the transformation I need is on the filter component itself -- maybe this helps explain a bit more:

Is your suggestion still applicable?

We have a request in our backlog to better support different formatting in this table filter UI. I don't have a timeline yet, but I can reach out if it gets picked up

It may be easier to have a date separate component that triggers a setFilter query

request in our backlog to better support different formatting in this table filter UI

Is this included the words like "Where", "Add", "is after" and others?

As for other components, it would be nice to be able to localize the month, day of the week, etc. for the calendar input component.

Hi there,

No, the request is to apply the date column format to table filter

For the calendar input, can you share an example? Would you want the month to be written in the local language? Are you looking to transform {{calendarInput1.value}}

Hi Tess,

Would you want the month to be written in the local language?

Yes.
I want to localize months and day of week written in English (August, Su, Mo, Tu, ...) to local language.
cleanshot_2024-08-10_at_21.04.31

And also I want to localize words in table filters (And, Where, Clear filters, does not include, is empty, ...) too.
cleanshot_2024-08-10_at_21.03.52

It would be nice to have keywords that Retool uses published and be able to override it with localization.

1 Like