Sanitized "DATA" value in a body parameter

I got an error message while running API and found out that the body parameter that contains the value "DATE" was sanitized. As you can see from the image below, metadata shows that feedType was passed “POST_FLATFILE_PRICEANDQUANTITYONLY_UP---sanitized---_DATA” Is there a way to resolve this issue?

Hey @jasony! I'm unable to reproduce the issue, so just wanted to get a bit more information.

Is the value of feedType strictly a hardcoded POST_FLATFILE_PRICEANDQUANTITYONLY_UP_DATA?

Can you share the error that you received from the API call?

Thanks.

That's buckwild.

So like, I wonder what happens if we armor the constant string in a React block like this:

{{"POST_FLATFILE_PRICEANDQUANTITYONLY_UPDATE_DATA"}}

Will it do the same thing?

(Or just use RAW JSON).

Hi @redhat00,

Tried both RAW JSON and armoring.

Armoring would result in empty string based on metadata.
RAW JSON would also sanitize "DATE" string.

Hi @joeBumbaca, the error shows invalid input.

I decided to work around without using this feed. I will keep this post alive in case someone else is also facing this kind of issue.

@jasony Glad you have a workaround. We can keep this open to see if others run into a similar issue. As mentioned above, I've able to send that string in the body without issue currently, but happy to dig in further if you like.

If you want to dig in further, would love to know how you are using Retool (Cloud vs on premise deployment etc). And if there are any other infra / networking setups in between Retool and this API endpoint that we should also explore. Thanks!