i tried doing the local deploy in hopes on moving it into the kubernetes cluster.
I deployed retool locally using the -Deploy Self-hosted Retool with Docker Compose | Retool Docs
Now i want to migrate all my changes in this local deployment to the kubernetes cluster -Kubernetes | Retool Docs
Wanted to know if there is any such feature in retool, or should it be handled in a different way. !?
below my notes when I solved the same issue few years ago.
The problem is DB, we're using RDS now.
Might need some adjustments or might not, please check the actual docs.
- dump db from container
- restore DB to RDS
- make sure you get correct encryption key from current installation
- check all DB’s user - new host must be allowed - added new users retool_user@hosts
- Check connectivity between eks and RDS
- just deploy in any convenient way retool to k8s - manually, helm etc and set all env variable
- check logs - no errors at all presented.
Encryption key is very important caveat - do not miss it.
Have a fun