Retool Error: 'This page isn’t working'

Hello,

I have an error when using retool. When I try to run my app 1/2 the time it says 'sorry changes won't be saved, you are offline.' Then When I go to refresh the page I get this message:

This page isn’t working

resource didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

The word 'resource' is actually the resource name in which I am calling the API;s too, but replaced it with generic wording.

Any suggestions on maybe increasing certain server parmeters? or how to solve and prevent this? After about 20ish min, I am able to go back into app but then I get same issue after using app for 15-20 min. Constant loop.

Hello @Ian_Stack!

That is very odd, it might be a networking issue.

Are you able to use you browser inspector to go into the Networking tab and check the requests/responses that are coming from you browser/frontend?

The error number type might be useful for finding out where things are not connecting or where things are slowing down and hanging up.

You mentioned server parameters, not sure if there are any specific ones that help but if we can figure out where the in the request/response cycle things are not working as intended we might be able to isolate the issue to something that we can control.

What version of Retool are you running on your self hosted server?