Retool editor unresponsive

Hello.

We are experiencing some issues with the editor. It constantly becomes unresponsive (non recoverable) when you go to another window and then go back and focus the app editor in the browser. We left the console opened and this is what it shows:

It's something related with the modules (we have 3 loaded into the app).

Any idea?
Thanks.

Please, any hint on this?

Thank you!

We still have this issue. Does anybody had similar problems?

Thanks.

Hi @David_Sanchez_Pelaez Thanks for checking in on this! Happy to take a look :thinking:

Could you share an export of the app?

A screen recording might be helpful as well. Are multiple people editing the app when this happens?

In the past, I've been able to resolve the orphaned components errors by re-adding the parent component or a new component with the same name (was menu1 a module?) , and the orphaned components will re-appear. Then, you can go ahead and delete them from the canvas

Hi Tess.

I tried deleting the modules, deleting the parent components, inserting new elements with the same name, delete them and then add again the modules, but the problem is still happening.

How can I send you the app json privately?

Thanks!

Yes, sent you a direct message

Hi @David_Sanchez_Pelaez,

Thanks for sending the app export!

I haven't been able to reproduce the orphaned components logs yet :thinking: I'm not sure if that is because I don't have access to the other apps in the menu1 navigation. Did you already try re-creating and then deleting a userContainer in menu1? Are you still seeing the orphaned components issue in Universal Launcher?

I was able to reproduce some performance issues. Looking at the performance debugger, it looks like the app has gotten pretty large in terms of the amount of components and dependencies. It may be worth splitting out some of the modules or app functionality into separate apps as suggested in our performance docs.

Additionally, I see that the most expensive components are using our legacy listview. It could be worth trying out the new listview which is more performant (see here for the current scope limitations of the new listview)