REST API capabilities for an existing data source

Hi all, I'm new to Retool and evaluating whether it can help my organization. I walked through their demo carefully which demonstrates how to build a simple data entry form and table which manages all of the CRUD operations. In that demo, they have you generate an API to interact & manage the underlying demo data source. Not knowing much about Retool yet, I'm wondering if it can generate a REST API against my existing data source. It's very simple, currently just one table. Or is that outside the scope of Retool? Looking at this post, I believe the answer is "No, this is outside of Retool's scope", but I just want to be sure I understand correctly. I appreciate the help in understanding its capabilities here. Thanks.

Hey @c172! In general you are correct, you would hook up that data (sounds like a sql database) as a resource in Retool. You could then query / modify that data via SQL queries instead of REST API queries. If you really need an API, we do have some limited tooling that could do this for you if you are able to get that table data into a CSV.