Query Running Indefinitely in Retool Application

I am writing to seek your assistance with an issue I am encountering in my Retool application. Specifically, I am experiencing a problem where one of my SQL queries keeps running indefinitely and does not return any output. Below are the details of the issue:

Application Details

• Database Type: PostgreSQL Retool Database
  • Database Resource Name: Retool Database
  • Query Name: query1

Problem Description

The query I am running is supposed to fetch data from a table in my retool database. Here is the SQL query I am using:

It does show results on the Query Library but doesn't give me any result on the retool app and on the table of the app I tried for two weeks I did everything to get this resolved but nothing fixed yet.

I am pasting the screen below of a query running in the query lab.

Request for Assistance

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue. Could you please help me identify any potential misconfigurations or issues that might be causing this problem? If you need any additional information or access to the application, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best regards,

M. Talha Rehman
[talharehman261@gmail.com]

Two things you can do here.

Set the timeout to be in a reasonable amount of time to run the query. If it can't do it in that time, it will stop.

Second, you need to just set the FROM part to be the name of your table in the Retool db. Usually naming your table like you have it "CSVData" isn't going to work.

Try renaming your table to csvdata, and then do the following statement in your query1:
SELECT *
FROM csvdata

This should work.

Need help on this I just want to create a small project I upload any csv file and it should be displayed on the table but its not working can any one help me with this or a detailed method so i will create like that.

You should just use the file upload button and check the "Parse Files" button.

Then set your table's data to be this:
{{fileButton.parsedValue[0]}} <-- In my case, it's fileButton7.parsedValue[0]

If you want any more help, reach out to me at Tropic Flare (https://tropicflare.com). I help companies build out Retool apps with file uploads like you have here.