Problem with multiselect fields and get data from DB

Hello everyone,

I am currently using a multiselect field to filter my data, and I'm facing an issue with the SQL query. Here's how my query looks:

SELECT
  cian_id,
  warehouse_id,
  AVG(percentage_covers) AS percentage_covers,
  SUM(searches_count) AS searches_count,
  SUM(shows_count) AS shows_count,
  SUM(total_views) AS total_views,
  SUM(phone_shows) AS phone_shows,
  d.deal_type
FROM
  hz_pg_cian_analytics a
  JOIN hz_pg_deal_type d ON a.deal_type_id = d.id
WHERE
  review_date BETWEEN {{cianDateRange.value.start}} AND {{cianDateRange.value.end}}
  AND a.deal_type_id IN ({{ cianDealTypeMultiSelect.value }})
GROUP BY
  cian_id,
  warehouse_id,
  d.deal_type;

The challenge I'm facing is that {{cianDealTypeMultiSelect.value}} returns a list, for example, [1, 2], which is causing a syntax issue in my query. Specifically, the syntax becomes incorrect like this: AND a.deal_type_id IN ([1, 2]).

Could someone kindly guide me on how to address this problem? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Try:
a.deal_type_id = ANY([1, 2])

I tried this AND a.deal_type_id = ANY(Array {{cianDealTypeMultiSelect.values}}) and it didn't work, however AND a.deal_type_id = ANY(Array[1,2]) works fine.
{{cianDealTypeMultiSelect.values}} returns an array with [ 1,2 ]

cianDealTypeMultiSelect.value NOT cianDealTypeMultiSelect.values. extra s at the end as far as I can tell

1 Like

@A11 let us know if the s was the issue! Otherwise, it might be worth checking to see if prepared statements were disabled on the resource which could also cause syntax errors for otherwise correct syntax

"No, it didn't help. I have tried with and without 's'. I have also tried using prepared statements and still got the same error."

This works for me
AND a.deal_type_id IN ( {{parseInt(cianDealTypeMultiSelect.value.join(","))}} )

1 Like

Interesting :thinking: Thanks for sharing your solution!