OpenAPI Resource fails on specific query parameter names?

I have a REST API defined with OpenAPI with an argument specified like this:

- name: from
      in: query
      required: false
      schema:
        type: string
        description: A cursor returned from a previous call used for paging

When I set this value (even explicitly to a static value) in a query, the "from" parameter does not get sent, at least not according to the output in the editor. Does this make any sense?

Hi @Max_Metral,

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you have defined the from parameter correctly in your OpenAPI specification, but Retool is not sending it along with the request when you set a value for it in the query editor.

This could be due to a few reasons:

1. Make sure the from parameter is properly bound to the query editor field where you are setting its value. Double check the bindings to ensure it is wired up correctly.

2. If the from parameter is optional (required: false), Retool may not send it if the value is empty or null. Ensure you are providing a non-empty value for the parameter.

3. Check if there are any transformers or JavaScript code that may be modifying the query parameters before the request is sent. Look for any pre-request scripts or transformers that could be altering the from parameter.

If none of the above solves the issue, I recommend inspecting the network request using your browser's developer tools to see exactly what is being sent to the API. This will help determine if the issue lies within Retool or if the parameter is being omitted somewhere else in the process.

If you continue to face difficulties, please provide more details about your query setup, and consider reaching out to Retool support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

:grinning:

Patrick