Not a legal HTTP header name

I don't understand why I'm getting a message of " * message:"Content type is not a legal HTTP header name"
I know I can skip the header in this situation and it will return as a json file anyway but am really curious as to why the header isn't working. I have tried with and without the single ' marks.
the notepad file runs just fine in Quickbooks Sandbox explorer and I believe I'm setting up the header identical in Retool.

Header should be Content-Type not Content Type. The space in your header name is probably causing that.

Brett

I want to piggy back on this topic, since I have a similar header issue.

I am trying to use this header, Prefer: outlook.body-content-type, as shown here on Microsoft's docs.

It seems that ReTool is trying to validate the headers against an accepted list.

How am I supposed to get text emails if I can't set that header?

@Nate_Sikkenga were you able to confirm that Brett's answer worked for you?

@khill-fbmc That is an odd error message.

I am going to guess that you hunch is correct, Retool likely has some type of acceptable headers list to prevent nefarious actors/other issues.

If you can share with me how you set up the query I can try to reproduce this and then send it to our eng team to fix the list or provide more info on how to set the headers for this resource!

My issue was solved here.

1 Like