I have the following query:

select j.*, f.*, t.caption_tools_id
from jobs j
left join file_job fj on fj.job_id=j.job_id
left join files f on f.file_id=fj.job_id
left join tasks t on t.job_id=j.job_id
where j.project_id = {{tblProjects.selectedRow.data.project_id}}
and t.task_type_id=3

It is meant to populate a sub-table when the selection on the main table has been changed. Very common pattern for my app.

This one however is behaving differently. When I click an already selected row on tblProjects, the query triggers. Sometimes, it triggers twice.

I made a second query and a second table, to make sure there were no non-default settings and linked them in the same way. They are behaving in the same way.

I tried some other apps that I do not believe had this behavior in the past and they are doing the same thing now.

Seems like a significant change in behavior.

I remember from this post (A JSON SQL query watching a value is constantly firing even though the value has not changed) that it is not whether a value has changed but when it gets re-evaluated that causes the events.

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I was able to reproduce the queries running twice. I went ahead and notified our team on this and will keep this thread updated on a fix! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Kenny

Could you confirm for me that clicking an existing table row should not be firing the query even once?

@bradlymathews

Yes! You're correct. Clicking an existing table row should not be firing off any query (unless if you intentionally have it set that way with a Table component's event handler > Row select change).

Ok good, I'm not losing my mind! (yet). I'll keep a watch on this thread for when that (and the double query trigger) is fixed.