Mobile scanner multiscan not working anymore

Hi,

Since a few days back, the scanner component has started autoclosing on capture regardless of the parameter setting.

I've created new components to try to see if it is due to a bug in my code but they all show the same symptom. The scanner closes after the first capture.

I'm running my apps using the Android app.

Hey @bjornwilliamson!

I can’t seem to get it to break for me. Scanner is opening, staying open, scanning barcodes. Would you mind sharing a screen recording of the behavior you’re seeing?

Hi Victoria, thank you for getting back to me :slightly_smiling_face:

Please find a link to my video below. I reinstalled the android app and created a new otherwise blank retool app for this purpose.

The only setting that I changed was to disable single scan.

Note that the scanner closes the same second that I bring the QR up on the screen.

Thank you for your assistance

Great, thank you for that recording! Trying to reproduce the issue now

Good news! We were able to reproduce this and are prioritizing a fix now. The fix should go live soon—I’ll let you know as soon as it does on this thread. Thank you for all your patience here.

1 Like

The fix has been pushed and will go live with our next deploy (should be sometime by the end of this week). Let me know how it works for you!

1 Like

Hi Victoria,

Good news! I will give you an update as soon as I've tried the new version.

Thank you for a great product and equally excellent customer support :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like