Language Support (other than english) for multiple components

Hi guys,

is there a way to get the output of some components in an other language (for example german) with the correct corresponding value.

Example Timeline with date format of "EEEE, dd MMMM yyyy":

timeline_english_day_value

We need the weekdays in german.

Example table - "0 results":

Thank you.

Cheers
Justin

1 Like

Hi @justin-hausmann-sector-e, Retool doesn't have built-in support to change component output languages currently. For the Timeline component, you should be able to plug in the weekdays raw as they are not pre-set. For the Date Time component however, the weekdays are set in English.

Alternative approaches could be to integrate external translation APIs, or explore our new AI features. There aren't any open requests for this feature at the moment, but I'd be happy to submit one if you'd like?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Jade,
Thank you for your reply.
Please open a feature request for this, as this would make things easier to handle.

Thank you. :slight_smile:
Cheers
Justin

Hey Justin, I've logged a feature request and will keep this thread updated with progress. Cheers :grinning:

+1

Hi there, is there any news on this? Multilanguage support is a deal-breaker in my case. Thanks.

Hi there,

Multi-language support is currently in Private Beta stage and it's gated to the Enterprise plan

1 Like