Javascript Query Not Being Logged in Audit Log

Hello! I am currently using a Javascript query to perform a loop on an API. When a user clicks my "delete" button I call this Javascript. The API is called within the Javascript query and I am not referencing another query resource within the JS, if that makes sense.

So, I am wondering if JS queries don't get logged to the Retool audit log or if I am doing something to keep it from getting logged. Ideally, I know each time that a user presses delete and triggers this JS query.

I can share my code if needed but will need to modify it a little so hoping I don't need to do that.

that's interesting to find out, I'm glad I read this so I can add custom logging or something to js queries. After looking through my logs and trying a few things, I notcied the only queries that are logged are the ones that are either in your Query Library or are able to be added to your Query Library (js queries dont seem to be one of those unfortunately).

Ya, that is what I am trying to determine. Is there something I can add to this query in order to get it to log?

I was about to investigate adding some dummy query to my library that I call that does nothing that way it's at least logged. Trying to figure out the right approach in my head.

Breaking the API request out of the JS query and having that call be a separate query I think could resolve it also but added more complexity when passing in tokens and IDs I need to delete.

I was about to investigate adding some dummy query to my library that I call that does nothing that way it's at least logged. Trying to figure out the right approach in my head.

this would be the easiest but a bit hacky imo. Breaking the API requests out of the query would normally be the best solution, however queries all have extra overhead from Retool (as opposed to writing a React app yourself) so depending on how often it's called and possibly how long the chain of queries are (ie 1 query success/fail triggering another, it can waterfall if your also setting variables which trigger other queries). it's possible you could end up introducing more overhead doing it this way instead of the hacky solution which adds about 150ms since ur only dealing w the extra Retool overhead then the query immediately returns successful.

using like a proxy or wrapper query (I'm honestly not sure how you'd describe this other than a hacky workaround). in my example, sortThreads is a js query that obv doesn't get logged.

its a mess in the logs to get the actual query, which is why i named it the same as the js query w _proxy on the end. otherwise you'll have fun parsing the logs lol:

To keep this simple I just used the googlesheets API can added everything I want to that spreadsheet...