Is there a way to sync all applications between instances with source control?

Hello all.
We're moving from old git sync to a new (at least for us :slight_smile: ).

Previously we have one instance read-only and the another one is read-write permissions. All changes on master env were automatically synced to the replica and that was what we want.

Now looks like only protected apps are synced which means we have to make all apps protected.

We would like to have:

1. Single repo;
  2. RW env aka master;
  3. RO env aka replica;
  4. Sync all applications except for protected, from master to replica, without merge requests;
  5. Only protected application should go with merge requests;

is it possible to build something like that, as it was with git syncing?
And the last but important questions - where now all applicaitons are stored? I mean with git syncing we had a solid backup and good history with commits, how we can achieve it now?

Self Hosted, currently "legacy" 3.18.21 release ( I guess we will move to the stable by the end of the month). Enterprise subscription, deployed on k8s with workflows. Source control - Gitlab sefl hosted.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE 11th of March.
Contacted support. There is no way to sync all, few apps or the entire folder. Such a pain to protect 100+ synced apps and thanks Cthulhu we do have only 2 instances.

Contacted support. There is no way to sync all, few apps or the entire folder. Such a pain to protect 100+ synced apps and thanks Cthulhu we do have only 2 instances.

p.s. duplicate just for marking post as solved.

Hey @Punka as you mentioned it is not currently possible to bulk protect apps. We do have a feature request for this, and I've linked this topic to it. I'll update you here as we get any additional information on its status.

Thank you @joeBumbaca
If possible, please consider separating protecting applications, which is great SDLC implementation with syncing between instance.
It shouldn't be mixed, in our opinion.