How to send SMS notification via Clickatell's One API

The Retool Support Team received this question, and we want to make sure other builders can see the response too:

Question:
Hi guys,

I would really appreciate some help. I am wanting to send an SMS in my Retool portal by using Clickatell's One API: (API Reference - Clickatell)

Essentially, our admin portal gets a QR code from the database associated with a particular delivery and I want to send that QR code to the customer's phone number.

Answer:
This sounds like perfect scenario for Retool Workflows:

• You'd create a RestAPI resource for Clickatell One API as instructed here. It looks like the authentication you'd use for Clickatell is the Bearer Token Auth
  • You can now query the resource - here some examples what that would look like
  • Next you' want to set up your workflow and have it triggered with a webhook - this will allow you to kick off the workflow whenever a certain event occurs
  • In your workflow you'll now create the needed blocks to - run the query to have the QR code generated - get the customers phone number and - send the QR code to the customer via Clickatell's API
2 Likes

Really nice post Alice, I'd love to see more of these in the future.