How to map API response with matching Key values

Hi
I'm trying to map a response from an API to a table but I dont know the syntax to grab data where a Key has a specific name where I can then pull the data associated with it.

So far I've got so far -

{{item[0].scheduling[0].kvp}}

Which returns a mapped array

[[
  {
    "_": "My Episode Title",
    "$": {
      "name": "Episode Title"
    }
  },
  {
    "_": "203",
      "name": "Episode Number"
    }
  },
  {
    "_": "Season Title",
      "name": "Season Title"
    }
  },
  {
    "_": "2",
      "name": "Season Number"
    }
  },
  {
    "_": "Series",
      "name": "Program Type"
    }
  },
  {
    "_": "01:00:00:00",
      "name": "Duration"
    }
  }
]]

I want to pull out the values where the name matches whatever i want, for example, I want to get Episode Title and return "My Episode Title", I can get closer by running this:

{{item[0].scheduling[0].kvp[0]._}}

Which returns ["My Episode Title"] but I know that's only due to it being the first response in the array.

Thanks

you can filter the mapped array

const result = myArray.filter((arrayItem) => arrayItem.$.name === "Episode Title")
result will be an array of all items where the name was "Episode Title". if you know there will only be one match you can do something like:
const epTitle = myArray.filter((arrayItem) => arrayItem.$.name === "Episode Title")[0]._

didn't notice you have a 2d array so you might need:

let result = []
outsideArray.forEach((arrayItem) => {
  result.concat(arrayItem.filter((arrayItem) => arrayItem.$.name === "Episode Title"))
}

this will check all arrays you have stored in an array (array of arrays). this would get the 'Episode Title' for every item basically

1 Like

Thanks for the response, how would I launch this filter from a table and supply is with the dataset?

im not sure where ypur data comes from, but typically youd want to make it the Transformer for a Query. I think in your case itd be easier to make a new Query and select the 'Run JS Code', you can name it filterDataByEpisode or something. then just copy+pasta the code below into the new Query.

let newData = [];
query1.data.forEach((arrayItem) => {
  newData.concat(arrayItem.filter((arrayItem) => arrayItem.$.name === "Episode Title"))
}
return newData;

If you want a table to use this you would just set the data source to '{{ filterDataByEpisode.data }}'

theres a few ways to do this with the code up there, then w a ouple changes you could put it in the same spot as where you have '{{ item[0].scheduling[0].kvp }}`. another option would be to make a Success Even Handler and put this code in it but make a new variable then replace the last line with
variable1.setValue(newData);`` instead of return newData;```. then everytime your query ran this code would also run and set the value of variable1 to whatever results it found.... in this case youd want to use {{ variable1.value }} as the datasource when you want the table to use it.

1 Like

Hi
I think I'm close, but I'm getting a .filter is not a function error.

Here's my code and the query result im interrogating:

Error

contents of arrayItem

Hey @retrofly! This is likely just a JS syntax issue. Since that data structure is a bit complex, mind sending me a bit of sample data so I can take a look?

This might be a bit of a ham-fisted approach but this is what I did to get it working -

let newData = [];
newData = getItem.data.parsedXml.item.itemmetadata[0].scheduling[0].kvp.filter(s => s.$.name === "Episode Title")[0]._
return newData

Thanks

Luke

1 Like