How to check or manage the module version being used in the parent application?

Hi all,

I have a couple of module and parent application questions and would appreciate a lot if someone could help to clarify them.

1. Under situations where a couple of changes are made to a module after a release is published and when I edit the parent application, do I access the released version or the working (latest but unpublished version) of the module?
    I looked into the view state of the module in the parent application but didn't see the version information.
  2. Could we specify and utilize a specific version of a module for individual parent applications to prevent all parent applications from automatically adopting the latest released version?
  3. Is it possible to set up the components within a module differently for each parent application? For example, if I have a table module, I may want some columns to be visible for one parent application and be hidden for another.

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: Thank you!!!

Hi Doris! These are some pretty great feature requests.

Currently, if the module versioning feature is enabled and the module has published releases, we show the published version. If the module versioning feature is not enabled, apps will always fetch the latest page save for modules - ignoring any releases (we disable the releases modal when the flag is off, to reduce confusion).

To help with your use cases, we have some internal, ongoing feature requests to 1. allow apps to show different module versions and 2. allow users to specify versions of modules when testing in a parent app.

Please continue to share any additional asks or context and I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with any updates around module versioning!