How do I use Google Analytics resource for GA4?

I'm trying to pull Google analytics data into retool, specifically from a GA4 profile. I understand that to do that it requires the data v1 API. It's also my understanding that we need the enterprise version of retool for this. As we have access to retool spaces, I believe we have enterprise.

What I can't work out is how to do it. I created the google credentials and created a google analytics resource that works correctly, but the resource itself only shows analytics v3 and reporting v4. I can't find another resource for the data API, and after hours of looking I'm stumped as to what I'm supposed to do.

Thanks

Hello @Sam_Matthews!

I just double checked your account and you are on the enterprise plan!

Here are our docs on setting up a Google Analytics Resource in Retool.

What step of this process are you having issues? What data can you get and what is the data you are looking to get? I had no idea someone could get different versions for analytics and reporting :sweat_smile:

Our docs also includes a link to Google's official docs on how to use GA. Hopefully those can provide more information on the API to query what you need once you set up the resource.

Have you managed to solve this? I have the same

Hello @Carlos_Hidalgo,

Were you able to set up the GA resource or is that the step of setup you are currently on?

I was going to ask @Sam_Matthews if their resource is created and working successfully, where the disconnect is.

If they can share a screenshot of a query to the GA resource and where it shows analytics v3/reporting v4 so I can better understand what they are missing from the resource to help :crossed_fingers:

Hi @Jack_T ,
Sure, here is the screenshot:
And the response is: { "error": { "code": 403, "message": "User does not have sufficient permissions for this profile.", "errors": [ { "message": "User does not have sufficient permissions for this profile.", "domain": "global", "reason": "insufficientPermissions" } ] } }
I asked Google Analytics Team, and they answered me: "if your application needs to access data in a Google Analytics 4 property, it is necessary to update the code to use the Data API v1" plus obselete links (1 and 2 )

Paulo, from Retool Team too, told me that you dont have the option for Data v1 yet, correct? Do you know where (aprox) it will be?

Ah ok thank you for the explanation @Carlos_Hidalgo,

I am not sure when we will have the Data API v1, but I will update this post if i hear anything from our eng team.

In terms of the permission error that is coming from the Google account side of things to enable requests to come for your app/account/retool.

That is a bummer they gave you obsolete links, Google changes their APIs a lot and it is hard for us to keep up :smiling_face_with_tear: