How do I connect to this API?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to connect to an API for a service my company uses. I only have experience connecting to a handful of Rest APIs and GraphQL, I'm very new to Retool, and I cannot figure out how to make this work. Here's the instructions I was given:

I've put the URL as a REST API resource, but I'm not even sure if that's the correct type.
I'm putting the rest of the info in the query... 002-2.php on the end of the URL, and the server, user, and pass as key-values in the JSON body.

No matter what I try I keep getting back result:"E1" which apparently means Sent parameter is blank.

Does anyone recognise this style of API and can ELI5?

Thanks!

Hi CarlaK,

Have you tried passing data as a parameter with data being the key and value being an object like described in the content example?

1 Like

I hadn't tried it that way.... sadly that doesn't work either

Hi @CarlaK

Do you have any examples of this api working outside of Retool (in Postman, for example)? Do you have any public facing docs we can check out?

I finally got it working in Postman by literally trying every possible option! @stefancvrkotic was correct with data being the key. I needed to select Form Data as the body type and suddenly it worked! :grin:
Thanks all!