How can I change the size of a modal of a column

I have a table with a custom column. The custom column is of type modal. Now I don't see any way how I can get this modal into the inspector to change the size. When I click on the edit-button I don't get the modal in the inspector.

1 Like

Hi @Noz,

It seems that you cannot edit the modal's size when modal is the type of custom columns.

However, what you can do:

• Add a modal from the list of components and name it modalForTable

• Create a JS query (openModalForTableQuery) to open the modal :

modalForTable.open()

• Set the custom column type to Button and the OnClick method to openModalForTableQuery

• Finally, set Hide when true property of the modalForTable to true, since you always want it to be hidden.

This way you can easily change the modal's size.

3 Likes

This does not work anymore, since you cannot run Javascript from a TableButton:

This actually still works with a JS query.

Here is mine for reference:

How I hide the button that opens the modal?

If you inspect the modal in the right panel there should be a "Hidden" field you can use!

thanks, this is helpful.
Do you have an idea how I can pass the data of the row of the selected button to the modal. In my case, I added a form to modalForTable modal. When the user clicks on the button from a specific row, it opens the modal populated with that row data.

Hi @Zainab_Salameh!

When you click on a button in a table it'll typically select the corresponding row so you can use {{ yourTable.selectedRow.data }} to reference the data you're looking for.

This is a bit different if you've set an action button to not select the row when clicked. In that case, you might try using i in your query to reference the row that was just clicked, e.g. this also works if you have multi-select enabled!

form2.setData(table2.data[i]);
modal2.open();

show_row_data_in_modal.json